- Person Identification
- Zuzana Pokorna
Born November 11, 1977 in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
Single, no children.
- Plasma Chemical Laboratory
Department of Physical Electronics
Faculty of Science
611 37 Brno
- Employment Position
- student performing research
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- 1998-now: Masaryk University in Brno, Faculty of Science, majoring in Plasma Physics
1992-1996: Secondary School 'Gymnazium T.G.Masaryka', Litvinov
1984-1992: Primary School with Language Specialisation, Litvinov
- Employment Summary
- summer 2002: worker for TESLA SEZAM Roznov p.R., a prominent manufacturer of semiconductor components
summer 2001: minor research job for TEROSIL Roznov p.R., a prominent manufacturer of silicon wafers for semiconductor industry
2000-now: private tutoring job (secondary school math and physics)
1998-2000: various odd short-term jobs, including being a helping hand in the Mental Hospital in Brno :-)
1998: English language teacher at the Zernosecka Primary School with Language Specialisation, Prague
1997: Sales Assistant (for the IKEA Department Store, Prague)
1995-1996: English Language Teacher, Beginners' Class (for the Centre of Leisure Activities in Litvinov)
- Pedagogical Activities
- no university pedagogical activity
- Scientific and Research Activities
- 2003 - 2004: creation of an automated software bundle for the determination of plasma properties (namely electron density and temperature) from the profiles of OES hydrogen lines, allowing the characterisation of most frequently used plasma types. Under Dr.A.Brablec, Plasma Chemical Laboratory, Masaryk University.
2002: research on radial distribution of species in helium/nitrogen/oxygen-fed TIA microwave torch, in the group of Prof. M.C. Quintero Ortega at the Cordoba University.
2001: research on manufacturing and FTIR/ellipsometric characterisation of Fluorocarbon Thin Films under the leadership of Prof. Juergen Meichsner, University of Greifswald, Germany.
2000-2001: research on the thermal behaviour of plasma-immersed materials with colleague J. Schafer, the results of which were presented on the WDS'01 Conference in Prague as 'Treatise on The Heating of Plasma-Immersed Objects'. Under Dr.L.Zajickova, Plasma Chemical Laboratory, Masaryk University.
- Academical Stays
- 10/2002-12/2002: Department of Physics, University of Cordoba, Spain (in the research group of Prof. M.C. Quintero Ortega)
9/2001-11/2001: Laboratory of Low-Temperature Plasmas, University of Greifswald, Germany (in the research team of Prof. Juergen Meichsner)
- University Activities
- Extrauniversity Activities
- Appreciation of Science Community
- Selected Publications
- Alvarez Molina, Rafael - Quintero Ortega, Maria del Carmen - Rodero, Antonio - Pokorná, Zuzana. Radial distribution of species derived from the introduction of N2, O2 and their mixtures in helium plasma produced by the axial injection torch. In Proceedings of ISPC, Taormina, Italy, 2003. Italy, 2003.
- Kousal, Jaroslav - Pokorná, Zuzana - Brablec, Antonín - Slavíček, Pavel - Klíma, Miloš - Janča, Jan. Electron concetration in atmospheric non-isotermal plasma jet. Czech. J. Phys., Praha : Institute of Physics Academy of Sciences, 2002, 52s. 571-575. ISSN 0011-4626. 2002.
- Schäfer, Jan - Pokorná, Zuzana - Zajíčková, Lenka - Buršíková, Vilma - Vašina, Petr - Janča, Jan. Treatise on Heating of Objects Immersed in Plasma. In WDS 2000, Proceedings of Contributed Papers, Part II: Physics of Plasmas and Ionized Media. 1. vyd. Praha : Matfyzpress, 2000. s. 297-302. WDS 2000. ISBN ISBN 80-85863-5.